The Blacknight SME Awards have decided to give us a go at being crowned with an award for Company Transformation.
Why is our digital agency up for such an award?
The Blacknight SME Awards 2015 are a showcase of SME talent in Ireland. We’re going to be rubbing shoulders with some brilliant business talent at the end of this month. We can’t wait to meet and greet you all, if time allows!
The beginnings of business are often mysterious and I’m sure everyone reading this has stories on the highs and lows. We wanted to share a little of ours.
At the core of turning Cautious Train Media into Right Track Media was our company vision. We ourselves had come through the rocky road of building a company up from scratch. We really wanted to help Irish businesses get a leg up into the online world, particularly focusing on how to market yourself on social media, developing websites and crafting videos.
What we wanted to do
- SME’s wishing to learn how to leverage social media and advertise online.
- Clients with outdated websites looking for a refreshing, modern and responsive redesign.
- Clients looking to videos (explainer videos, marketing, video tutorials etc) for their online presence.
Why did we start?
We took the jump because, like so many, we faced redundancy at a difficult time. This spurred us on in our dream to work for ourselves and we just…started. We were fortunate enough to be forced to do a business plan and financial projections for our Back to Work Enterprise Allowance (both helped us stay focused). Starting a small business has to be a blend of considered planning and jumping at the right opportunities as they arise. There’s a risk inherent to all of this.
And what about the future?
- Refining our sales and CRM process.
- Applying for funding to improve equipment and enhance our marketing.
- Hiring part time staff for administrative duties.
- Renting an office space to improve productivity and work/life balance.
- Expanding our services into App development.
There will be more from us on “The Road to the Blacknight SME Awards” in the coming week or two before the awards. Get in touch with any questions, comments or if you’d like a quote on a project. We are super nice and our prices are pretty good too 🙂
This blog series has focused on a few different aspects of our own Road to the Blacknight SME Awards. If you’re just jumping on board our Right Track Media blog now, then here’s:
- The Road to the Blacknight SME Awards – Part One
- The Road to the Blacknight SME Awards – Part Two
- The Road to the Blacknight SME Awards – Part Four