When applying for the Online Trading Voucher Scheme, you’ll need to familiarise yourself with some of the procedures. Most importantly, how to drawdown the grant payments on completion of your project.
Once you’ve been approved and your project is nearing completion with the Online Trading Voucher Scheme, you’ll need to start thinking about the drawdown process with your Local Enterprise Office.
There are a couple of important points to remember.
1) The Local Enterprise Office will only pay out their half of the project fees once the project is complete
What this means is that the project you submitted to the Online Trading Voucher scheme has to have been completed and your supplier paid in full by you before you can apply for the drawdown of the Local Enterprise Office’s reimbursement
2) Payment will be made directly to you
You, the online trading voucher applicant, has to provide proof (bank transfer) to the Local Enterprise Office that you have paid your supplier in full before they will reimburse you directly for their half
3) You will need certain documentation to drawdown
Another good tip at this juncture is to check that the company is tax compliant. This is part of the application later on and you’re better to be informed now if there’s a problem. Deadlines are easily missed if you have to rush to find another digital quote.
Vouchers can be used for:
The Trading Online Vouchers can be used for the
- development or upgrade of an e-commerce website such as implementing online payments or booking systems
- purchase of Internet related software
- online advertising
- development of an app
- implementation of a digital marketing strategy
- consultation with ICT experts for early stage adopters of online strategy
- training/skills development specifically to establish and manage an online trading activity
Vouchers cannot be used for:
- Development of brochure websites
- Purchase of non-internet related software
- Anything other than online trading related activity
There are a number of steps to the process, but the very first step in application is to register for one of the upcoming Online Trading Voucher Seminars. Follow this link to your Local Enterprise Office.