Follow this simple checklist to see if your business is eligible for €2,500 in Online Trading Voucher Scheme funding.
If you’re looking to get serious with your online presence, this is a clever investment in halving the costs of your next digital project.
What is an Online Trading Voucher?
The Local Enterprise Office states that the scheme has been launched:
“…to support small Irish businesses to enhance their online trading presence. The objective of the scheme is to help small businesses grow their sales, exports and ultimately jobs.”
These Online Trading Vouchers are available up to the value of €2,500 (50% of eligible costs up to the maximum of €2,500).
The maximum project cost is therefore €5,000 (€2,500 your own costs and then €2,500 in online trading vouchers). The project total can go above and beyond €5,000, but the voucher maximum is €2,500. So plan ahead and maximise your investment in your online presence.
“Online Trading Voucher” or “Trading Online Voucher”?
The official line is “Trading Online Voucher”, but public consensus is calling them “Online Trading Voucher”, because that makes a lot more sense. They are the same thing.
Is my business eligible?
The vouchers are meant for businesses that either have none or a limited online trading presence. So this is the micro-checklist to see if you can apply:
- Less than 10 employees
- Turnover less than €2million
- Applicants must be registered
- Trading for minimum of 12 months.
Note: ineligible projects include those with charitable status, commercial semi-state companies, ‘’not for profit’’ organisations, trade associations and company representation bodies such as Chambers of Commerce.
Vouchers can be used for:
The Trading Online Vouchers can be used for the
- development or upgrade of an e-commerce website such as implementing online payments or booking systems
- purchase of Internet related software
- online advertising
- development of an app
- implementation of a digital marketing strategy
- consultation with ICT experts for early stage adopters of online strategy
- training/skills development specifically to establish and manage an online trading activity
Vouchers cannot be used for:
- Development of brochure websites
- Purchase of non-internet related software
- Anything other than online trading related activity