Adding a Passive Income Revenue Stream to your website is a great way to build up an ongoing, self-maintaining income stream. This blog will cover one of the options available to you: Drop Shipping.
What is Drop Shipping?
Drop Shipping is a really simple way to have a passive income stream option because it automates the entire process of stock picking, packaging and postage. It covers a huge range of products. Let’s focus down on one area; clothing.
This is how it works:
- Sign up for a decent drop shipping company. I recommend Printful if you’re looking at customised clothing and related products – massive range, global company, great support. It’s free to start an account and have a look – their Mockup Generator is awesome. Have a go!
- Embed the products on your website, or have an online store hosted with the drop shipping company.
- That’s it. They will send you money as orders come in. You don’t have to do anything else!
The whole idea behind Drop Shipping is that you outsource all of the product costs (stock handling, postage, fulfillment, returns etc) to the drop shipping company and they complete the order for you. In a nutshell, your website is simply hosting the buy button and you get a cut.
Who Will it Work For? (OR I don’t have a clue what products to promote)
If you’re reading this and instantly have the ideas for drop shipping products, then you’re ahead of the game. With clothing, it’s a great way to improve branding, especially if you have a neat slogan or logo that would translate into branded clothing. If visual content is part of your business, then you’re already sorted! What are you waiting for?
If you’re not sure where you fit, then this is the harder part – you’ve the delivery system in place for drop shipping, it’s just coming up with ideas.
A couple of quick starting points for clothing:
- T-Shirt Design. The reason drop shipping came into existence – everyone has ideas for Tshirts (use the Printful Mockup Generator to throw some ideas out and see what they look like. My first couple of tries looked disgusting… but then you get the hang of the way it works and I’m still using a couple of those first ideas to this day!)
- Business Slogans and Logos. If you’re sat on a really catchy slogan/logo, then why not have a product! Especially if your clients are really invested in your company.
- Quotes and designs related to your business. This is the area with the biggest area for creative designs, and potentially the easiest products to sell.
Great, so… what other types of passive income are there and how do I get them up on my site?
This is the first in a series of blogs detailing how you can add passive income generation to your website. We’re going to demystify the worry and technical jargon behind the systems in place that allow you to set up automated income. From Amazon Affiliates to Drop shipping, we’ll take a look at it all.
If you’re looking to add a specific type of product to your site, then click on the button below to get in touch with us and we can answer all your questions.
– The Right Track Team
Not sure how to get your passive income ideas up on your website? Scratching your head over IDs, html and API? Why not ask us at Right Track Media to help – we’ve loads of experience in setting up clients with ecommerce, passive income frameworks and backing it up with brilliant maintenance packages. We’ll take all the worry and stress out of keeping your website secure, up to date, full of content and always climbing up the search rankings.
Click the button below and send us an email!