Searching For Ami was a really interesting Booktrailer Video Production Dublin.
John O’Keeffe is a local Dubliner and he wanted a booktrailer to capture the unique tension and setting that he had developed in his debut thriller, Searching For Ami.
So how to capture this atmospheric novel into a booktrailer? There were a number of key aspects to the production that had to be factored in. If you’re interested in developing your own booktrailer, you might have these in common:
- Live action adds considerably to the cost of booktrailer development and isn’t necessarily the best format for a project. For Searching For Ami, we wanted to offer a more abstract atmospheric trailer to generate interest, not solidify characters.
- The moody action-spy-thriller narrative was to be at the forefront of the booktrailer atmosphere. We helped guide, source and integrate a specific set of images and locations.
- The first port of call for us was to read the copy of the book and generate a load of ideas, potential storyboards and atmospheric options to John.
- Take in feedback from authors, agents, wives, friends and the booktrailer community. We worked a few different drafts till we were all happy with the result.
- Be careful with copyright. If you’re not double sure about the image copyright, don’t use it.
“In the Israeli occupied Golan Heights, an American woman and her daughter Ami are caught up in a brutally efficient guerrilla attack on a Jewish settlement. The killings leave a trail of bloodshed, bodies and a mystery: where are the remains of the little girl who disappeared without trace? What has happened to her?
Her father – intelligence officer Harry Katz – refuses to believe that his beloved daughter is dead. He begins an extraordinary journey to uncover the truth and her whereabouts. Harry’s odyssey takes him from the near medieval savagery of Southern Lebanon, through the sleepy suburbs of Zurich and Ulm, culminating in a gripping drama on the streets of Dublin…
…His pursuit of the woman who stole his daughter draws him into the pitiless world of international intelligence services and the stark realities of modern day terrorism. Shifting allegiances, casual betrayal, deception and murder are the day-to-day realities that Harry must confront in his desperate search to find Ami.
A gripping suspense thriller, Harry’s journey and ultimate redemption makes for a compelling narrative that races along at a cracking pace with the assured touch of an accomplished storyteller.”